Saturday, October 6, 2007

Big Daddy Kane cries.

By illseed from allhiphop.com

BIG DADDY KANE CRIES?

Lookie here, y’all. Big Daddy Kane IS the blueprint of so many rappers, I don’t even need to start the list. Being a legend is a full-time job and BDK clocks in with the Hip-Hop Honors tour, along with Skillz, The Roots and MC Lyte. Now, I didn’t know this, but the concept of the tour is The Roots and company perform old school Hip-Hop songs to the glee of the crowd. Anyway, the crew had a date in Philly last night and I heard after the Big Daddy Kane set – it was so dope – the crowd started screaming, “We’re not worthy.” I heard that they said it so much that Kane got emotional and dropped a tear or two from all the love the crowd gave him. From what I heard, after the crowd said, “We’re not worthy” for three minutes straight, Kane spoke.


He said to them (something like this), “All I ever wanted to be was considered one of the best and be respected by my peers in the 80’s. Never in my life, did I think that 22 years later y’all would show me that same love. There are kids here that weren’t even born then and know my lyrics word for word.” I heard Kane apologized for getting emotional and said “This is all an MC can really ask for and this means a lot.”


No comments: